Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trouble sleeping invokes more ideas and different directions

It is hard to get people to visualize what you see in your head; or at least hard when the people you are working with are new to movie making. I'm fortunate to have my partners Larry and Luis helping me along with funding this low budget (I prefer "budget conscious") indie and happy that the closer we get to the shooting the more intricate portion of the project, the more excited they get and the more ideas they shoot out, I love it! Then I drive home and I'm left to my thoughts and my books.

I finally picked up a copy of Jovanka Vuckovic's "Zombies: an illustrated history of the undead" in Maryland before I drove up. I will start reading it tomorrow.

Vuckovic's "Zombies!: An Illustrated History of the Undead"
From the little I read I can tell it's going to be a good read. It's funny I thumbed through it quickly and I came to the chapters and one is entitled "dead man working," i was like that's cool. There was a short film with the same title made in 2008; I didn't lift DMW from there either, lol. If fact the play on words or the off-shoot of the phrase "dead man walking" is not new, I see it everyday on my commute to work. I participated in it for three years. The idea of "DMW 2011" is something I would think would have been done before, but to my delight it hasn't.

Im working on what I thought would be three more key interviews, one is almost already known, I don't even have to mention it, but aside from "the man," I've found a couple more people that after reading their work would make for interesting contributions for the documentary portion of the project. It's amazing, some of the key people on the production are not fans of either zombies films or horror films. Horror films aside, if they only watched some zombie films or at least the significant ones they would see how the horror doesn't have to be the zombies and the make-up and the fact that they eat the living, the horror is in the message; sometimes subtle, sometimes right in your face.

Wouldn't you be afraid if she was behind you?
One of my goals when making this film was to get over my fear of the living dead, I think I may just do it. That does not I won't stop looking over my shoulder.

Sleep's kicking in.

L

www.deadmanworkingmovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment