Thursday, March 3, 2011

My eyes are on Jovanka Vuckovic!

I first heard about Jovanka while researching to find women who love the dead...lol.  To put in a less scary way for some of you, female fans of the zombie genre.  I think I have a solid core for the documentary with the gentlemen I have interviewed but uh, let's face it, men do not make up the only fan base of enthusiasts of zombie culture.  I did an extensive search, even after I was told Arriana Huffington is a zombie fan. (I'm would still love to interview her as well, a sound bite wouldn't hurt right?)  
Arianna on the phone with me, I'm asking her 
to give me a soundbite and all she kept asking 
me was if she should  merged with AOL, duh!




Jovanka Vuckovic
I was however, able to come across a lot of information on Jovanka Vuckovic.  So in a nutshell, she is an author, filmmaker and a horror expert.  She resides in Toronto and is currently working on a short film, "The Captured Bird."


The Captured Bird is a darkly poetic fable that begins with a little girl drawing figures of people with chalk on the cement of a playground. She takes notice of an unusual crack in the pavement that is seeping a mysterious black fluid, which she follows to an ominous building. Inside, she encounters several bizarre phenomena, including walls that bleed black and tentacles that emerge from the ceiling to touch her. She then witnesses the birth of five terrifying supernatural beings that threaten the existence of her world.


A teaser still from "The Captured Bird"








She also just released the book, "Zombies:  An illustrated history of the undead."  It's right down my alley as it goes right form the origins of zombies in Haitian Voodoo, zombie lore, to zombies in popular culture.  


So here goes, I begin my courting process :-)  All kidding aside I would love to her speak with us about her interest in the zombie genre, her new book and give us details on her short film.  
For more info about the Captured Bird she has a very informative website (better than ours definitely...Thanks to our Graphic Designer, oh wait we don't officially have one yet).  Take a look:  http://www.thecapturedbird.com

Jovanka's "Zombies! An Illustrated History
of the Undead."









No comments:

Post a Comment