Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Matthew Lavin, one of my lead actors in Dead Man Working

This is Matthew Lavin.  He auditioned for the role of Adam for DMW back in January.   When I was writing the screenplay, I had jokingly written it so I can play the lead as the story resembles making this whole project happen.  That idea changed after the first draft.  Realizing that my first project after about 5 years was going to need more focus to show the amount of growth that has occurred, I quickly decided to have an actor step in the role so I can concentrate on direction.

 I had envisioned the role of Adam Alexander to be a cross between me the director of photography, my good friend Ryan.  Since I've known him he's had this quirky side that I can't even begin to explain.  He's a great writer and has certain idiosyncrasies that would have you look at him with a straight face or try to, and then have you running somewhere private to laugh.  But you know what to each is own.

So there's that, and then my anxious, nervous, spontaneous, stubborn and "Well if you want it, you can get it"  self.  hmmmm.



In walked, Matthew, but to be honest once I saw his headshot I knew I wanted him for the role.  Then, once I saw his reel,  I was absolutely positive he was Adam.  Everyone that came in for the role had their own character that they could have added but this was a specific character.  I thought I would have a harder time, but I got lucky :)


check out his site at:

1 comment: