Thursday, May 5, 2011

Deirdre Brennan, One of the Leads in Dead Man Working

Actress Deirdre Brennan
Meet Deirdre.
Before I met Deirdre, I thought I had the part of Cait cast.  I had two people read for the role and I like what they brought.

Deirdre came in and engulfed the room with her charm.  I immediately felt drawn to her before she read.  I had seen her pictures and thought she has the look for the part.

Then she read two scenes...and now she's my Cait.  

The role of Cait, is molded around a real person and friend of mine who used to work in the record industry (she's made it abundantly clear to me how much she is not a fan of Madonna's circa 1984 to now).    Cait always has this sass and know it all attitude but you can't help but love someone like that; tough and upfront but still easy to talk to and comforting.

Once real-life Cait became my muse for the of Cait in Dead Man Working, it was merely a matter of taking the character  to an exaggerated level while throwing in some ugly that I think we can all show at any given moment.  What was born was a cut-throat, in it to win it in any way destructive character.

Now, I am saying Deirdre is this Cait, but she's an actress and I believe the actress that can certainly bring her to life.

Deirdre has the screen legend look of historic Hollywood  and while she does, she's not the victim "damsel in distress" that needs to be rescued...she could be but I could see her being the hero instead.

Find out more about her:
www.deirdrebrennan.net



www.deadmanworkingmovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment