Thursday, February 17, 2011

Documentary almost wrapped / Narrative Portion of project pushed to April

I must say I am extremely happy that everyone that I originally had on the roster to interview for this project has been confirmed; most have already been interviewed.  It is such a great feeling to watch a project come together and shape itself.  I sit.  I interview.  What really makes this special is what everyone involved in the project as a contributor has to say.

I walk onto this project as a lover of film and a fearful fan of zombie films still wet behind the ears when it comes to the hordes of other fans and how much of "dead culture" they consume.  I hope to make them happy with this project but also to answer the questions that I sought and contribute to the genre.

me (L.E. Salas) sitting in for a set-up shot.
   Setting up this documentary has been sooooo different from my last project.  I'm a fan of fusing documentary projects and crossing media platforms to either make points in an interesting way or simply using a platform to make up for the fact that there wasn't enough money in the budget to reenact or recreate a scene.

One thing that is different this time around, I work 10-6.  I cannot complain because I love my job but it does limit the time I have to schedule and coordinate a project.

BUT my biggest issue this year was the snow; I know right, who'd a thought...in winter.  The narrative portion of Dead Man Working was to be shot in February but has now been pushed back to April.  It is a matter of shooting the entire film at one time as oppose to filming a couple of indoor scenes now and shooting the outdoor scenes later.  Whenever I have worked on a project that has had that happened, the energy just seems to die.

I have a good solid month for some rewrites and making sure that every frame in my mind is translated to video.

www.deadmanworkingmovie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment