Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bruce LaBruce Interview will appear in DMW.

Dir. Bruce LaBruce
Not that I had a doubt, as I did help on the production of L.A. Zombie, but I went ahead and got the blessings from one of the producers of the film to utilize interview footage of Bruce LaBruce on location while filming in Los Angeles.

This is a big deal for me.  This is what initially sparked my interest in making Dead Man Working, so I can attribute and happily say Bruce LaBruce played a huge role in my creating this concept. 




His first zombie film Otto; Or Up with Dead People is a 2008 Canadian/German queer cinema horror film; As far as I am concerned the first of its kind.  

In my research for this project I have yet to come across anything that stepped into this realm.



 He followed this project with L.A. Zombie, about an alien zombie sent to earth in who f*cks the dead back to life....crazy sh*t right?  You can only imagine my mind being blown away, thinking, "um, I'm afraid of zombies, why do people want to shag them?"

Anyhow as I am now into the mid-stages of postproduction I felt it was time to take the interview out and put it to use.  I also share this footage with french filmmaker Angelique Bosio, who was filming a documentary on LaBruce while we were on production.  The documentary is called, "The Advocate of Fagdom."



Dir. Bruce La Bruce for Dead Man Working



No comments:

Post a Comment